J. Anderson Davis
J. Anderson Davis is a partner of Brinson Askew Berry, specializing in complex business litigation, personal injury, governmental official liability, and class actions. He serves as City Attorney for the City of Rome, lead attorney for the Rome-Floyd County Development Authority, and Counsel for Shorter University.
In 2016, Andy was named a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in the U.S. He has been named a Georgia Super Lawyer by Law & Politics Magazine and Atlanta Magazine every year since 2006. He is an active member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.
Andy is an experienced litigator having tried numerous cases in federal and superior courts. Three of his notable cases include:
- Andy and Bob Brinson served as Counsel for Cities and Counties in Georgia in the class action litigation against the Online Travel Companies for excise taxes. Andy continues to serve as Class Administrator for the Settlement. (City of Rome, et al, vs. Hotels.com, et al, U.S.D.C., N.D.Ga., Civ. Action No. 4:05-cv-249-HLM).
- He and Sam Lucas tried a weeklong wrongful death case in the United States District Court and won a $30 million verdict. That case was featured on the Investigative Discovery channel’s “Behind Mansion Walls” TV show.
- Andy and Bob Brinson served as lead and liaison counsel for 56 funeral homes in the class action multi-district litigation involving the Tri-State Crematory, Noble, Ga. (In Re Tri-State Crematory Litigation, 215 F.R.D. 660 (N.D. Ga 2003)).
Active in the community throughout his time in Rome, Andy has received many community and civic awards for his leadership. He was one of the first recipients of the Georgia Supreme Court Chief Justice Benham Awards for Community Service.
Andy, an Eagle Scout, received the Silver Beaver Award from the Northwest Georgia Council of Boy Scouts of America. He was honored with a Heart of the Community Award, presented by the Heart of the Community Foundation and Redmond Regional Medical Center to unsung heroes. He has served as chairman of the board for Leadership Georgia, an affiliate of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, and as a state host for the Georgia Chamber's state-wide Fall Feather Hunt and the Red Carpet Tour.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, GA (J.D., 1984)
- University of Georgia, (A.B., Political Science 1979)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- All state and superior courts in Georgia
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND Honors
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2006 to 2016
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- State Bar of Georgia, Board of Governors Representative, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013, 2014
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Silver Beaver Award, Northwest Georgia Council of Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout
- Past Chairman, Leadership Georgia
Brinson Askew Berry's own Andy Davis was recently featured on Behind Mansion Walls, a TV series on Investigation Discovery, season 3, episode 12, entitled Covet and Kill. Watch the episode to learn more about this tragic story and how Andy contributed to the resolution of the case.
P.O. Box 5007
615 West 1st Street
Rome, Georgia 30161
- Financial Services Litigation
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
- Municipality/Local Government
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury/Tort Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Estate Litigation
- Firm Partners Successfully Negotiate Plaintiff's Wrongful Death Claim
- Four Brinson Askew Berry Attorneys Honored as Georgia Super Lawyers
- PILOT fees promoting economic growth in Floyd County
- Andy Davis Celebrates 30th Anniversary with Brinson Askew Berry
- Federal Judge dismisses case against city, county