The area of the law that applies to public and affordable housing is highly specialized - only a handful of expert attorneys practice in this area. Brinson Askew Berry represents six public housing authorities in Georgia and has broad experience in affordable housing and development, fair housing issues, landlord-tenant and HUD compliance and regulatory matters in Georgia. Our attorneys have worked with housing authorities, developers, nonprofit organizations and HUD on many matters and projects. Our expertise - and the reputatation we've earned in this area of law - is a result of our commitment to excellence. We constantly work to keep our knowledge of affordable housing up to date in order to provide the most effective legal services to our clients.
In addition to an in-depth understanding of the law as it affects public and affordable housing issues,we have a long history of working effectively with public sector entities such as local governments, nonprofit developers and special purpose authorities,
We can provide assistance with:
- public housing and nonprofits
- fair housing and landlord tenant and grievances
- low-income housing and tax income credit (LIHTC) development
- federally assisted housing and community development programs
- employment and board training.
Practicing in this area
- Remembering the Atlanta Steeplechase – A Very Special Connection to Brinson Askew Berry
- Andy Davis to Speak at Shorter University’s Fall Commencement
- Stewart Duggan presents at Georgia Public Housing Authorities conference
- William Richardson participates in Darlington School’s leadership program.
- Mar 3-4: Brinson Askew sponsor Georgia Legal History Foundation’s Seminar