A. Franklin Beacham III
Frank Beacham, a floyd county attorney, is a partner at Brinson Askew Berry engaged in trial court and appellate work primarily in the areas of business and employment law. While representing industries, municipalities, educational institutions, utilities, and individuals, Frank has assisted clients in civil litigation involving contracts, employment discrimination, civil rights, personal injury, and estate disputes. He also serves as Assistant City Attorney to the City of Rome regarding employment matters, planning, and historic preservation.
Prior to joining Brinson Askew Berry, Frank served as law clerk to the Honorable Harold L. Murphy, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (Rome Division), from 2001-2003, and practiced construction law with the firm of Griffin, Cochrane & Marshall in Atlanta from 2003-2004.
Frank received his Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Tech in 1985 and his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2001, where he served on the Georgia Law Review, was a recipient of the Sigmund Cohn scholarship, and was elected to the Order of the Coif. He has been a member of the Georgia Tech Bar Association since it was founded in 2008.
Frank has been appointed to the United States District Court's Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel. The Panel reviews the service of magistrate judges who are eligible for reappointment, and screens and interviews candidates for appointment as magistrate judges.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., 2001)
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B. Mechanical Engineering, 1985)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court, Northern District
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Bar, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Coif.
- Georgia Law Review: Editorial Board 1999-2000, Articles Editor 2000-2001
- Recipient of the Sigmund Cohn Scholarship
- Board of Directors, Sexual Assault Center of Northwest Georgia, 2005-present
- United States District Court Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, 2006-2014
- Chair, Building Committee, First United Methodist Church, Rome, GA, 2009-2011
- Buckhead Business Association Leadership Training Program, Atlanta, GA, 1996-1997
- Executive Board, City of Atlanta, Neighborhood Planning Unit, Atlanta, GA 1992-1995
- Rome High School Mock Trial, Volunteer Coach, 2010-2012
Previous Employment Positions
- Associate, Griffin, Cochrane & Marshall, Atlanta, 2003-2004
- Clerk, United States District Court, Honorable Harold L. Murphy, Northern District of Georgia (2001-2003)
- Engineer and Project Manager, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, 1985-1998
P.O. Box 5007
615 West 1st Street
Rome, Georgia 30161
Practice AreasLitigation, Municipality/Local Government, Personal Injury/Tort Litigation, Products Liability Litigation, Appellate Litigation, Business Litigation, Class Action Litigation, Education, Employment, Insurance Defense Litigation, Labor & Employment Litigation
- Brinson Askew Berry Supporting "A Night to Remember: An Adult Prom"
- GPA Recognizes Brinson Askew Berry Attorneys Berry and Beacham
- Berry and Beacham Preserve Catoosa County News as Legal Organ of Catoosa County
- Rome City Commission Takes Aim at Opioid Epidemic
- Beacham, Lucas work on potentially landmark copyright case