John M. Hawkins
A native of Rome, John M. Hawkins joined Brinson Askew Berry after many years of public service.
John has served as an in-house attorney for state agencies in Oklahoma and Georgia; as an Assistant Attorney General in the General Litigation Division of the Georgia Department of Law (Attorney General’s Office); and as the Chief Assistant Attorney for the Unified Government of Athens-Clarke County, Georgia.
At Brinson Askew Berry, he focuses his practice on litigation in state and federal courts in addition to advising local government and business clients.
In his wide-ranging practice, John assists government entities in a variety of litigation and transactional matters, including labor and employment, contracts, state and local taxation, elections, workers’ compensation, constitutional and civil rights, and land use.
After graduating from the University of Georgia, John attended the University of Tulsa College of Law on an academic scholarship. He is admitted to practice in Georgia and Oklahoma.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Juris Doctor with honors
- University of Georgia, Bachelor of Business Administration
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- All Georgia Appellate Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
P.O. Box 5007
615 West 1st Street
Rome, Georgia 30161