The firm has represented the City of Rome, Georgia, continuously for over forty years, and we have represented numerous other municipalities, local governments, and agencies across Georgia in litigation and special projects as well. Additionally, the firm currently represents the Northwest Georgia Housing Authority.
Our attorneys have represented state and local governments in:
- constitutional issues
- voting rights
- police matters
- civil rights
- zoning and condemnation matters
- tax district issues
- personnel matters
We have also developed personnel policies, law enforcement manuals, zoning ordinances, alcoholic beverage ordinances, adult-entertainment ordinances, and numerous resolutions and ordinances relating to the day-to-day operation of local government.
Practicing in this area
- Askew, C. King
- Beacham III, A. Franklin
- Carter, Lee B.
- Brearley, David M.
- Brinson, Robert M.
- Davis, J. Anderson
- Duggan, I. Stewart
- Fletcher, Norman S.
- Lucas, Samuel L.
- Treadaway, Kristy L.
- Richardson, William R.
- Duggan and Richardson Advise and Close LaGrange Housing Authority’s First LIHTC Affordable-Housing Development
- Duggan Conducts Fair Housing Training at Annual Fair Housing Symposium
- U.S. Supreme Court Will Not Hear Case Involving Brinson Askew Berry Client
- Duggan Conducts Board Governance Training for Fulton County Housing Authority
- Rome-Floyd County Development Authority to Be Lead Agency for New Industry Recruitment