The firm has represented the City of Rome, Georgia, continuously for over forty years, and we have represented numerous other municipalities, local governments, and agencies across Georgia in litigation and special projects as well. Additionally, the firm currently represents the Northwest Georgia Housing Authority.
Our attorneys have represented state and local governments in:
- constitutional issues
- voting rights
- police matters
- civil rights
- zoning and condemnation matters
- tax district issues
- personnel matters
We have also developed personnel policies, law enforcement manuals, zoning ordinances, alcoholic beverage ordinances, adult-entertainment ordinances, and numerous resolutions and ordinances relating to the day-to-day operation of local government.
Practicing in this area
- Askew, C. King
- Beacham III, A. Franklin
- Carter, Lee B.
- Brearley, David M.
- Brinson, Robert M.
- Davis, J. Anderson
- Duggan, I. Stewart
- Fletcher, Norman S.
- Lucas, Samuel L.
- Treadaway, Kristy L.
- Richardson, William R.
- Brinson Askew Berry Wins Federal Appeals Victory for City of Calhoun
- Villa Rica Considers Joining Opioids Class-Action Lawsuit
- Communities Await Supreme Court Internet Sales Tax Ruling
- Woodstock Joins Other Northwest Georgia Municipalities in Opioid Class-Action Lawsuit
- Brinson Askew Berry's Davis Helping Lead Opioid Class Action Lawsuit