William R. Richardson
William R. Richardson is an associate with Brinson Askew Berry. William assists clients with an array of business-related transactional matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and financing as well as entity formation. William also assists clients in a variety of commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Brinson Askew Berry, William practiced in Chattanooga, Tennessee with one of the United States' 65 largest law firms. There, William gained extensive experience in healthcare financing and in the representation of banks and other financial institutions. In addition, he worked with borrowers in HUD-insured loan transactions for multifamily and senior housing facilities. William served as counsel in over 100 HUD-insured loans in the senior housing industry in over 30 states, totaling approximately $500 million.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, magna cum laude (J.D., 2012)
- Furman University, cum laude (B.A. 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia (2015)
- State Bar of Tennessee (2012)
- Rome Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Eleventh Circuit Survey Editor, Mercer Law Review
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence
- Leadership Rome
P.O. Box 5007
615 West 1st Street
Rome, Georgia 30161
Practice AreasCorporate/Transactional, Healthcare, Mergers & Acquisitions, Municipality/Local Government, Public/Affordable Housing, Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate, Commercial Transactions
- Richardson Attends 2018 ABA Affordable Housing Fall Boot Camp
- Redevelopment Agency Votes to Create TAD
- William Richardson participates in Darlington School’s leadership program.