William R. Richardson
William R. Richardson is a partner of Brinson Askew Berry and concentrates his practice on handling corporate and business transactions, commercial real estate, and finance matters.
William represents businesses and business owners in all aspects of their growth cycle, from structuring new ventures, advising in acquisitions and divestitures, to drafting, reviewing, and negotiating key vendor, employment, independent contractor, and customer contracts. In addition, William advises clients in connection with an array of business-related matters, including leasing, financing, and due diligence matters.
William also represents public housing authorities in multi-family and urban redevelopment housing transactions involving the use of public/private partnerships, general commercial real estate and real estate finance. He has represented housing authority clients in transactions financed with low-income housing tax credits, tax exempt bonds, FHA-insured loans, HUD Section 202, HOME Funds, CDBG Funds, as well as other types of financing. William also provides representation in matters involving the structure and formation of flow-through entities used for real estate acquisition, management, and construction, and negotiation of operating agreements.
Prior to joining Brinson Askew Berry, William practiced in Chattanooga, Tennessee with Baker Donelson. There, William gained extensive experience in healthcare financing and in the representation of banks and other financial institutions. In addition, he worked with borrowers and lenders in HUD-insured loan transactions for multifamily and senior housing facilities. William served as counsel in over 100 HUD-insured loans in the senior housing industry in over 30 states, totaling approximately $500 million.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, magna cum laude (J.D., 2012)
- Furman University, cum laude (B.A. 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia (2015)
- State Bar of Tennessee (2012)
- Rome Bar Association, President 2018-19
Honors and Awards
- Eleventh Circuit Survey Editor, Mercer Law Review
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence
- Habitat for Humanity – Coosa Valley, Inc., Board of Directors
- Darlington Alumni Council, Member
- Leadership Darlington
- Leadership Rome
P.O. Box 5007
615 West 1st Street
Rome, Georgia 30161
Practice AreasCommercial Real Estate, Commercial Transactions, Corporate/Transactional, Healthcare, Mergers & Acquisitions, Municipality/Local Government, Public/Affordable Housing, Real Estate
- Duggan and Richardson Advise and Close LaGrange Housing Authority’s First LIHTC Affordable-Housing Development
- William Richardson Named Partner at Brinson Askew Berry
- Duggan and Richardson Advise Gainesville Housing Authority on Complex Financing Deal
- Richardson Attends 2018 ABA Affordable Housing Fall Boot Camp
- Redevelopment Agency Votes to Create TAD